TotalFinderadds tabs, hotkeys, and other tweaks to the Mac OS X Finder in OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Tabs like in Google Chrome! (read more)
- Add a dual-panel mode (like in good old Norton Commander)
- Make Finder available system-wide on a hot-key (like Visor)
- Stop creating .DS_Store litter (read more)
- Show the folders always on top (read more)
- Add a better keyboard shortcuts (for keyboard-oriented freaks like me)
- Enable a cooperation mode with Terminal.app (for command-line lovers)
- Add user friendly MacFUSE support
- And what about better git/svn/hg integration?
- and more satisfaction!
- Fixed compatibility with Finder 10.8 under Mountain Lion (GM).
- Compatibility with Finder 10.7.5 (OS X update 10.7.5).
- TotalFinder binaries are signed to make Gatekeeper happy.
- Added Mongolian translation by Tulga Gandavaa
- Removed support for Finder 10.6 under Snow Leopard.
- TotalFinder should feel much more responsive. I have optimized tab rendering, dragging and window layouting. Also some old windowing problems should be history.
- Prevents visual artifacts during Expose.
- New ‘Switch Active Panel’ item under Window menu => allows remapping OPT+TAB shortcut
- xBetter performance of Visor sliding.
- Paths in tabs are truncated from the left (again).
- TotalFinder tabs render nicely on Retina MacBooks
- Visor auto-slides down when Finder loses active status. This should fix unreliable sliding historicaly based on losing keyboard focus .
- No ghost windows after restarting (when Visor was pinned and up before restart).
- Prevent frozen Finder windows under Mountain Lion
- Fixed a possible crash during TotalFinder shutdown
- Fixed misplaced Dropbox overlays in Icon View under Mountain Lion
- Fixed a crash when releasing a dragged tab
- Prevent crashes when dragging tab icon out as a new tab .
- Constrain Visor’s height to available screen space .
- Fixed uploading of crash reports via CrashWatcher.
OS X 10.7 or later
(Via MacUpdate: Recent Mac OS X.)